Johan Primero - Rx-5 sync sound film

Jeremy Rumas

hey all,

I just stumbled across this film's site:

http://www.johanprimero.com/#home

I instantly loved the look and feel of the trailer. Then I started looking through the photos and it looks like they shot this with a Bolex Rx-5, with the 400' magazine, and a blimp. Inspiring!

I love the look of Bolex footage so much, it just has this rough, real quality that I don't quite see when I watch 16mm footage shot with high end cameras. As I'd love to shoot a sync sound film in the future, and love the look of Bolex footage, I thought this was pretty awesome to see being done today. I should try and get back that 400' mag I lent to a friend.

The more modern footage starts to look clean, crisp, ultra sharp, almost sterile, I love the look of this kind of footage more and more.

-Jeremy

Really like it. What a great achievement. I do own that same Bolex EL even with the Tobin Crystal Controller and love it the same way. The film really shows what it's capable of, thanx for the link.

ah, Bolex EL, good catch! I did not look close enough. I saw the mag, and was reminded of my Rx-5. But with the bayonet mount it couldn't be a Rx-5 anyway. Yes, I am quite impressed with what they have shot there. It's also really cool to see that Bolex mounted to the car and such. I'm not used to seeing something like this being shot with a Bolex.