GOKO TC-301 Telecine take-up won't

Frank Fitzgerald

I have been given a GOKO TC-301 Telecine [super-8] and, without a manual, am trying to get it working. It can be seen at www.goodlight.net/graphics/GOKO-TC-301.jpg. The machine has a number of issues. To start with:

When I click from "Still" to "Forward," all the visible gears start turning, but the take-up reel remains motionless. Also, when I put it in "Reverse," the supply reel does not move. I have opened up the arms at top/crank handles and see a pulley inside each. They appear to be intact.

1. Is there a switch somewhere to activate the take-up and supply reels? Or is there something else I am overlooking?

2. Do I have it threaded properly?post-47921-066240700 1283480110.jpg

Curiously, the plate on the side (see below) says, "TELECINE PLAYER TC-301/302." TC-302 is regular 8mm. I assume this is probably a plate the company just used for either machine. OTOH, the supply reel fits regular 8. I've been advised that the machine simply needs a super-8 adapter on that hub.

Unless it turns out there is some way to get this machine to actually take regular-8, I'd just like to get it working normally to sell.

post-47921-064741400 1283883841.jpg

• 1 year later...