Stabilization techniques in moving vehicles

Jeremy M Lundborg

Arricam Lite on sticks. 75mm lens. Shooting inside a moving school bus. Variable road terrain.

Hoping to make the shot as steady as possible on a very low budget. Consider the DIY version and let me know if you guys have any suggestions.

Thanks!

If I want a steady shot inside a vehicle I've found that the best simple approach is to simply firmly strap the tripod or hi hat to the vehicle - it's suspension should take care of the bumps.

If there's a massive amount of vibration you can rent vibration isolation mounts from chapman...

Arricam Lite on sticks. 75mm lens. Shooting inside a moving school bus. Variable road terrain.

Hoping to make the shot as steady as possible on a very low budget. Consider the DIY version and let me know if you guys have any suggestions.

Thanks!

Just tying down the camera and and sticks should work. And it can be as simple as a ratchet strap straight down to the floor if there is a place to grab the floor. A vibration isolation mount is nice but can costs around $150 to rent.

you could try a bungie cam mount, and that would eat up a lot of the bumbs and shacking, but it gives you a more hand held feel. But you can normaly rent those semi cheap is the road is really bad. But I think you are better off with sticks tied off to the bus.

• 9 months later...