Project in Premiere CS4 to ProRes 4:2:2

Brian Rose

Hello All:

Admittedly, I'm still a learner when it comes to the wide world of codecs, conversion and compression, and I have a situation I could use some guidance on.

I have an animated short which I completed using Premiere CS4 (this platform has worked better with my stop motion animation work). However, I may soon have to provide a quicktime copy encoded in Apple Pro Res 4:2:2. The original project is 1080p.

Initial idea was to export to something handled by Final Cut, and from there export my pro-res, but I'm concerned about the loss in quality. I thought perhaps there was another way, or a program for PC (perhaps even something in Media Encoder I've missed) that would enable me to make the file I need without having to leapfrog to another OS.

Any help would be very much appreciated by this learner!

Best,

BR

• Premium Member

There is currently no way to produce ProRes on anything other than an Apple Mac (or an Alexa camera, or a few other trivial exceptions). You'll have to go to a Mac to do it. Use an uncompressed codec in the native colour format of your project to do this losslessly.

P