Schneider Kreuznach Ultra Wide III

Micbress

Hi everybody,

i intend to buy the lens but i was wondering if somebody does have any sample uploaded somewhere....i've checked youtube without results.

Does it change the situation so radically? The distorsion is very visible? I'd love to have the possibility to film interiros and wide shots but i really don't know how reliable are the results from this lens.

Any kind of review or personal experience are welcome!!!

Thx a lot

I don't have any uploads to point to, but I've used the UWL III rather extensively on a Canon 1014xl-s and a Beaulieu 4008zmII with 6-66.

It's a great ultra-wide lens attachment. The objective is actually acrylic (if I remember correctly), which allowed Schneider-Kreuznach to achieve very little distortion. The effect is that you don't necessarily realize how wide you are shooting because it does not have a fish-eye effect. It dramatically increases your focal width, but I wouldn't call it 'radical' because of the lack of distortion.

One thing I will say is that as a very large, wide objective it does catch flare quite easily.

Do get one, you'll love it.

Hi everybody,

i intend to buy the lens but i was wondering if somebody does have any sample uploaded somewhere....i've checked youtube without results.

Does it change the situation so radically? The distorsion is very visible? I'd love to have the possibility to film interiros and wide shots but i really don't know how reliable are the results from this lens.

Any kind of review or personal experience are welcome!!!

Thx a lot

I have this lens and it works very reliably on my Nizo 801 macro. It allows you to shoot in tight spaces wonderfully. It does not distort the image badly like a fish eye, but there is a very faint bending of the image around the far edges, and naturally some vignetting. Depending on where the light source is, the outter image ring can glow as well.

Here's a low quality, shits-n-giggles test film I shot with the lens for work.

I have this lens and it works very reliably on my Nizo 801 macro. It allows you to shoot in tight spaces wonderfully. It does not distort the image badly like a fish eye, but there is a very faint bending of the image around the far edges, and naturally some vignetting. Depending on where the light source is, the outter image ring can glow as well.

Here's a low quality, shits-n-giggles test film I shot with the lens for work.

Steve, thank you for your answer,

i like the result but i have some doubts regarding the image at the edges. It looks like the outter ring enter the image, and if so this wont be a real gain.

I will try to find some other clips in order to see if the "edges problem" is something typical for the Ultra Wide 3

• 2 months later...