Bolex EL (Mark III): What is this ?

Robert Lewis

I have a Bolex EL (Mark III) and have a manual for it. However, I am puzzled as to what, what appears to be a connection of some kind, is for. Attached is a picture of part of the relevant page of the manual showing the "connection" circled in red. It is, as can be seen, located just ahead of the power connection point for the 400ft magazine if fitted. The manual shows the "connection" but is silent as to what it's purpose is, although it refers specifically to the magazine power take off point. I am wondering whether it might be used in conjunction with the magazine power connection as a switch for that connection.

Is any EL owner able to throw any light on the point? Any information would be gratefully received.

This connectors is the power output socket for the WM type magazine take-up motor.

12VDC is present whenever the camera is run.

Cheers,

Jean-Louis

So, Jean-Louis, do I understand you correctly? If I fitted a magazine with the MM motor, I would connect to the square power connector, as on the EBM model, which also appears in the picture. If, on the other hand, the magazine had the later WM motor, it would connect to the circular power connector which I circled in red? If you kindly confirm that I understand you correctly, or, otherwise I would be most grateful.

Best regards and thanks.