Unstoppable

Very entertaining movie with some of the most incredible train footage since "The General." I loved the look, has that vintage 90's Tony Scott chemical look likely totally achieved today in digital post. I would LOVE to told with certainty that I am wrong and that Scott and friends got this look by getting their hands dirty and done the old fashioned way. Anybody in the know?

Not that i have any idea about this stuff in comparison to other people on here but i would be inclined to think it was a post color job. Would give better control of the final image without having to test on negatives? Well thats what i think is logically the right answer but who knows.

Gyro-stabilized motorbike?

Ah very good Tim, It took me a second but I finally got it. B)

Do you know if the rights are available?

R,

There were several shot's in "Unstoppable" reminiscent of "Runaway Train," mainly the shot of the runaway smashing through through the last cars of a live train not quite fast enough to make it all the way off onto a side track. "Runaway Train" also had the added benefit of speeding through the haunting Alaska wilderness. Some of the acting in Runaway Train though makes it almost unwatchable. Look close for a pre-paroled Danny Trejo being pummeled in the ring by Eric Roberts.

I saw it yesterday.

The constant snap-zooms got old very quickly, like the lens flaring on the last Star Trek movie.

The news choppers seemingly just a few feet off the ground, zipping along side the train at 70mph for most of the movie, bothered me too. They were no doubt there to increase the level of realism as their TV cameras provided a natural point of view for the action. But when you recognize that no helicopter crew could, or would be allowed to fly that way, the effect is just the opposite.

It was fun to see a movie shot mostly at 200mm or higher though.