Any idea for Wireless trigger for Beaulieu 4008 ZMII?

Ted Hinkle

I've been thinking how nice it would be to have a Wireless trigger for Beaulieu 4008 ZMII? any thoughts/ideas on how this might be done??? Maybe a button to get my wife to bring me coffee and breakfast in bed too? j/k :-)

The camera has a standard 2.5mm jackplug connector. This will allow using a standard yesteryear remote control. There are plenty old production wired remote-controls. Even 30 years ago there were radio or infrared controlled controls to with a 2.5mm plug. There is one from Polaroid and there is a Elmo version.

There are also new production offerings of which some can do 2.5mm plug. Wireless is near default these days. :)

The problem with the 4008 cameras is that the remote switches the power-supply and thus the auto-exposure cannot be relied on (no problem) and the camera just stops where ever it is and frequently it will stop with the shutter open. Spoiling the frame and its neighbour frames. This is really ugly and must be cut out.

There is a really rare Beaulieu accessoire which will overcome this. This goes on the drive axis and has some extra notches and switches to make it stop with shutter in closed neutral position.