Vin Diesel

Malinko

(from imdb)

Its funny but amid all the independent fairy tales Vin Diesel never gets mentioned.

People like Edward Burns, Kevin Smith, The Blair Whitch People and yes, -Robert Rodriguez (the big one) always are connected with that rags to riches rap. Vin Diesel should be too! He started out as a cinematographer, director and actor. He did what kevin Smith and the others above did. He made a thirty thousand dollar movie learning cinematograhpy from a book called "Movies at used car prices". He raised the thirty thousand dollars over two years, working as a telemarketer (kind of dreary). This guy busted his ass. He learned the stocks, the cameras got some actors. After his first film went nowhere after it premiered at Sundance. He did the whole thing again. FOR ANOTHER TWO YEARS! The telemarketing, the whole thing. So he made another film. That too went nowhere. A month after it failed to get any attention at Cannes, poor Mr Diesel went home. Coming back dejected only to find a message on his answering machine from somone named Steven Spielberg. Mr Spielberg told Mr Diesel that he saw his movie at Cannes and wanted Vin to audition for a part in some movie called "Saving Private Ryan".

Just trying to feed the dream guys.

• Premium Member
hmmm...very interesting...

jk :ph34r:

Do you disagree? Or not? I can't tell by your post.

I just don't think re-posting something some anonymous person posted on IMDB is what this site is or should be about. I can't remember these types of posts ever being made in the past, and I don't want them to be made now. If you disagree that's fine. It's just my opinion.

Guest Chainsaw
I could teach a monkey how to operate a camera.

True enough, but could you teach him such groundbreaking ideologies as: "Finite Conjugate" "Gaussian Theory" "Doublet" "Crown Glass". "The PH scale regarding film" "Annuls" "Pont spread fuction" "Nodal Points" "Mireds" "Opacity, that it is the reciprocal of transmission. Chemical characteristics. Modulation Transfer Function, etc, etc.

:P

Sorry, I just couldn't resist... :D

Guest Ultra Definition

I don't know how good cinematogrepher Vin Diesel is. I know that he is not a good actor. Just because Spielberg selected him as an actor means nothing. Spielberg never tells actors how to act. He says he trusts them. Need I say more? Lucas is even worse. But what does the audience care? They liked the Blair Witch Project, didn't they? I like Vin Diesel's personality, but Blair Witch would suit his acting tallent the best. Maybe his cinematography tallent is better. But who cares. If we are to discuss Vin Diesel's career, why not just discuss the photography quality of Blair Witch. Is there anything to discuss? No?

• Premium Member
Its funny but amid all the independent fairy tales Vin Diesel never gets mentioned.

People like Edward Burns, Kevin Smith, The Blair Whitch People and yes, -Robert Rodriguez (the big one) always are connected with that  rags to riches rap. Vin Diesel should be too!

This overlooks the obvious -- the others cited here have all been recognized and become successful as filmmakers. Mr. Diesel was recognized and has enjoyed success for his acting, not his filmmaking talent.

• Premium Member
But what does the audience care? They liked the Blair Witch Project, didn't they? I like Vin Diesel's personality, but Blair Witch would suit his acting tallent the best. Maybe his cinematography tallent is better. But who cares. If we are to discuss Vin Diesel's carrier, why not just discuss the photography quality of Blair Witch. Is there anything to discuss? No?

I'm confused. What the hell is it that you're talking about? What is "Vin Diesel's carrier"?

• Premium Member
I'm confused.  What the hell is it that you're talking about?  What is "Vin Diesel's carrier"?

I'm not sure if that was a joke, but this is all worth a chuckle. :D

I think that was a misspelling of "career." But this is all getting SERIOUSLY off-topic (and I'm contributing, so I'll shut up).

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming. :)

Guest Ultra Definition

Soory, guys; that was supposed to be career; all I'm saying is that Vin Diesel is a bad actor. Not that he's not likable, only that he's bad as an actor. Can bad mean success in Hollywood? Of course! Can good mean failure in Hollywood? Of course! So what matters the most in Hollywood? Luck and who you know. It's 99% of the Hollywood success formula.

• Premium Member
I'm confused.  What the hell is it that you're talking about?  What is "Vin Diesel's carrier"?

I'm not sure if that was a joke, but this is all worth a chuckle. :D

I think that was a misspelling of "career." But this is all getting SERIOUSLY off-topic (and I'm contributing, so I'll shut up).

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming. :)

Yep. It was a joke. Hey, one good joke deserves another right?