Shooting Reality Show

Nitin Sagar

• Premium Member
i need information on shooting in absolute darkness(worst case situation).are infra red camera the best option?

Sony makes some nightvision cameras that shoot in darkness and record in DV. They call it nightshoot. Other than that in the pro world we use nightvision attachments that go between camera and lens that you can rent.

Sony makes some nightvision cameras that shoot in darkness and record in DV. They call it nightshoot. Other than that in the pro world we use nightvision attachments that go between camera and lens that you can rent.

I once used a camera that was specifically designed for very low light levels.It was Sony with very heavy and highly charged CCD's.This was back around 1989 so I don't remember the model.It shot Beta SP( if memory serves I think it was a dockable,but I could be mistaken) and picked up really good levels with just ambient light coming from a single street light several hundred yards away from the subject.We were doing a special series on drugs and prostitution in the trucking industry.I've also used the attachments though I found them to be a bit cumbersome in tight quarters.

Marty