E-6 Alternative Bleach?

Hello everyone! this is my first post on cinematography.com. I'm a DP that works multi-format but lately I've been shooting more film then digital. We are considering using an alternative copper chloride bleach process on Ektachrome- has anyone ever tried this? I know there were some still photographers using this in the early seventies-i haven't found much other than that and a few 135/c-41 stills on the net.

thanks,

-yuri

We are considering using an alternative copper chloride bleach process on Ektachrome- has anyone ever tried this?

That sounds interesting. May I ask why you want to alter the bleach? What do you hope to achieve?

I absolutely have worked with other bleaches, but that alone did not change results too much. I might help better once I know what you are trying to get.

hello from ny, thank you for your quick reply. we are trying to emulate the look of early-20th century Photochrom Liths for a title sequence that won't require too much work in post. I was suggested by a (still) photographer that in their experience (especially when in weak cu chloride solutions) he got something that was quite similar to the samples I showed him. The effect was somewhat similar to the look we're shooting for. I'm beginning to suspect it may just be a bypass-effect due to the weak solution nothing more, Does this sound right? Or does a cu bleach have a specific color shift?

-thanks

yuri

correction....incorrectly i thought that my photographer friend was doing E6. turns out he was xprocessing ekatachrome in c-41 chemistry as a negative then printing it to get the "Photochrom Look" in combination w/ a short cu bleach.

Has anyone ever experimented/used this process? Any advice/help is greatly appreciated!

-thanks,

yuri

here's my first attempt for that look on 135/C-41 not the best pic or scan but its kinda what e're going for:

post-51327-0-65410900-1300716029.jpg