Prim lens for Digi Beta DVW 790

gregory mandry

• Premium Member
ive been checking some optics tables and looks like maybe a 10mm?

10mm on 2/3" video (digibeta) = approx. 13mm on 16mm film. I think that's a little wider than what you're looking for.

If you want to match the horizontal field of view of a 16mm lens on 16mm film, then you'll want about a 13mm on digibeta.

In any case, 2/3" video uses focal lengths just slightly shorter than standard 16mm for the same field of view (and similar d.o.f).

Are you planning on using HD primes (preserving the field of view), or an intermediate adapter like the P+S Technic Pro35 to use 35mm lenses (giving you a 35mm field of view)?

10mm on 2/3" video (digibeta) = approx. 13mm on 16mm film. I think that's a little wider than what you're looking for.

If you want to match the horizontal field of view of a 16mm lens on 16mm film, then you'll want about a 13mm on digibeta.

In any case, 2/3" video uses focal lengths just slightly shorter than standard 16mm for the same field of view (and similar d.o.f).

Are you planning on using HD primes (preserving the field of view), or an intermediate adapter like the P+S Technic Pro35 to use 35mm lenses (giving you a 35mm field of view)?

Canon Digibeta Primes

Canon Digibeta Primes