Arri 16 S Conversion to S/B?

flavio filho

• Premium Member

It may be, but the prices of such cameras today are low enough that you may be better off leaving the S alone and buying an S/B. It could cost less, and you'd have two cameras instead of one.

-- J.S.

It may be, but the prices of such cameras today are low enough that you may be better off leaving the S alone and buying an S/B. It could cost less, and you'd have two cameras instead of one.

-- J.S.

Thanks, John

Yeah, I thought to do that. But its not easy to find an Arri 16 S/B BODY ONLY.

They normally sell it on kits.

Actually, if I buy and S/B camera, I'll end with 3 bodies. I already have 2 Arri 16s.

I'll looking into sell one of the bodies and buying a S/B one.

• Premium Member

Yeah, I thought to do that. But its not easy to find an Arri 16 S/B BODY ONLY.

Even if you buy the whole kit and throw the lenses away -- or at me -- it could still be less expensive than the mechanical work. (I'm looking for any junker lenses in old original Arri mount for my antique collection....)

Or, you could keep everything, and have two complete camera kits, to shoot A and B cameras. Most scripted productions run two cameras.

-- J.S.

Even if you buy the whole kit and throw the lenses away -- or at me -- it could still be less expensive than the mechanical work. (I'm looking for any junker lenses in old original Arri mount for my antique collection....)

Or, you could keep everything, and have two complete camera kits, to shoot A and B cameras. Most scripted productions run two cameras.

-- J.S.

Hi guys.

Yeah, I really want to have A and B Arris.

The set still will need a decent overhaul, and I really want to chaneg one of the bodies for a S/B mount.

Then I have how to use heavier zoom lenses

It's quite an adventure on itself. I'll stay a couple of months working to make the whole set work properly, convert all the electric to 12V so I can use my tobin motoron every shoot.

Thanks.

Hi guys.

Yeah, I really want to have A and B Arris.

The set still will need a decent overhaul, and I really want to chaneg one of the bodies for a S/B mount.

Then I have how to use heavier zoom lenses

It's quite an adventure on itself. I'll stay a couple of months working to make the whole set work properly, convert all the electric to 12V so I can use my tobin motoron every shoot.

Thanks.

CHANGE I mean, EXCHANGE/buy another and sell one of mine Standar Arri 16s...