Hi -

I am going out of town for a month - and my studio where I keep my films gets super hot in the summer. I blacked out the windows but it still can get hot unless someone there to turn on a/c. But Ill be out of town for JUNE...im in NYC by the way...do you think it would be okay to leave them in the studio - wrapped up - so insulated...or I have a choice to put in a cool yet some what damp basement for the month.

Also I have Hard Drives - that are in the same situation.

What do you think?

xK

Hi -

I am going out of town for a month - and my studio where I keep my films gets super hot in the summer. I blacked out the windows but it still can get hot unless someone there to turn on a/c. But Ill be out of town for JUNE...im in NYC by the way...do you think it would be okay to leave them in the studio - wrapped up - so insulated...or I have a choice to put in a cool yet some what damp basement for the month.

Also I have Hard Drives - that are in the same situation.

What do you think?

xK

Also wondering what are the effects of heat on unexposed film versus exposed film.

Because I am also going away to go film some things in Death Valley...so it will be hot also - i am shooting 16mm color film - I will try to keep the film cool with a cooler..

Is drastic changes in temperature worse than being in heat - I know not to leave in hot car for any time because in the deserts closed hot cars can lead to no image, but at what temperature does that happen?

or at least is there any other effects that happen other than just loosing the image all together.

xoK

• Premium Member

Drastic temp changes would be worse than spending a few days in a hot environment. For your studio problem. I'd strongly suggest putting them in a freezer or fridge. I normally put mine in cans then in ziplock bags with a desiccant before freezing. Allow a day or so to "thaw" before exposing.