reverse walking MTV

Hi Members,

I'm cinematographer from Myanmar(Burma) ,the poor country on the world.

The point is we don't have film school and difficult to learn cinematography technuques.

So I had to ask for help and suggesting.

My director want me to shoot reverse walking MTV.

Only the singer is walk back wards on the street but the others walk normal forward.

I don't know what to do. My first plan is shoting with small green screen and than shoting again the same shot.

Please help!!!

• 11 months later...

Hi Members,

I'm cinematographer from Myanmar(Burma) ,the poor country on the world.

The point is we don't have film school and difficult to learn cinematography technuques.

So I had to ask for help and suggesting.

My director want me to shoot reverse walking MTV.

Only the singer is walk back wards on the street but the others walk normal forward.

I don't know what to do. My first plan is shoting with small green screen and than shoting again the same shot.

Please help!!!

You can do it by green screen and motion tracking. But do you have Motion Tracking software in there, Myanmar?

It is a good idea, I should also try it.

By the way, I am also a Myanmar.

Cheers

Sounds like shooting the background plate first may offer some advantages. Don't you want realistic interaction between the singer and the background? For instance, when he is walking backwards and a car drives next to him is he effected by the wind? Or if he walks under a light or a tree does he go into a shadow? If you shoot a plate first you can add moments that help immerse the singer into the world.

I'd set up a 20'x20' green (tracking marks) with a treadmill painted green for the actor, and scrap green for the ground around him. Film him normally walking but composite him played in reverse. Or have him walk backwards on the treadmill. It will be your background plate that sells the movement. Interesting concept, I'm curious to see how this comes out.