As soon as i connect the power cable the camera starts?

Phil Thompson

This didn't happen yesterday. Today, I connected the battery lead to the camera and it fired up straight away. I clicked the button on the grip and nada. Nothing. Am i missing something here or is my button fried? :( Arriflex 16 Bl ?

Ok Panic over. Now, I'll explain what happened. Earlier today I was testing it on my tripod and put on the plate under the camera. It turns out, when you screw this plate in, it over-rides the button on the pistol and fires automatically. But hay, you all knew that, right? Please, i know for long standing ASC, clued up members my posts must be very annoying. But the way I see it, if someone else searchs for Arriflex BL button problem, they may make it here and work it out.

Not an ASC member by any means, camera assistant and aspiring one day ASC member.

Your posts aren't annoying, but posting about seemingly every single question you have probably is counterproductive. I think you need to work on your self confidence skills more than I am annoyed by you.

I know that chronic anxiety and self-doubt is counterproductive because I used to be afflicted by it when I first started out. Relax! :D

Ok Panic over. Now, I'll explain what happened...

Mmm, quite right - page 17 of the instruction manual, if you haven't already got a copy, explains it! Lol :D

I guess the screw on your tripod plate is a bit long, the explanation in the manual says the camera operates when the trigger on the pistol grip is used. I guess in practice that pushes a pin up the middle of the tripod screw to operate the motor switch. If your screws are a bit too long then they'll be operating that switch all the time? :unsure: