Ideas for a Music Video

I'll be shooting a music video sometime soon and I need to come up with some good ideas for a long song. Many music videos seem to be mostly random to some extent but with also a story tied in somehow. If you have some free time please listen to this song and give me some advice on what you'd like to see this music video consist of. I'm currently a student and would love any advice I can get. Thanks in advance, -Paul

p.s. it's a great song, so you won't be wasting your time :)

• 4 weeks later...

Before that you should discuss it with the artist what type of music video he wants, something artistic, concept, or simply plant a story that goes along the lyrics, or just something random that has nothing to do with the lyrics, or even a live performance that goes along with other footages.

Just the drawing in the background of the video could give you an idea, either you could take it then go to a beach or turn it into a metaphor. There are plenty of way to do a music video, the possibilities are infinite

For this song what i see is something with the singer in the outdoor singing along with a simple story that follow through the song, the image would be like a paint or film-like feel.