K-3 Super 16mm Motion Pictures Camera

John De Smitheth

Hey all,

just received my 16mm motion pictures camera K-3. Modified myself to Super 16mm (what was extremely easy) and wuala. Of course its not a sound sync camera, but for film student it a GREAT introduction to 16/S16mm film. Perfect for some music vids or footage without sound. Very easy to use. Will post some videos soon.

Thanks for reading :)

Some pictures here http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?256444-K-3-Super-16mm-Motion-Pictures-Camera

• Premium Member

Congratulations. That was my first 16mm camera many years ago. Surprisingly good machines (if you get a good one!)

Throw some good Pentax m42 Super-Takumar lenses on that puppy and you'll get some amazing shots. Someone made a clamp-on winding attachment that made it much easier to windup a few years ago. Keep your eye out for that; I remember my wrist getting very tired with that camera.

Congratulations. That was my first 16mm camera many years ago. Surprisingly good machines (if you get a good one!)

Throw some good Pentax m42 Super-Takumar lenses on that puppy and you'll get some amazing shots. Someone made a clamp-on winding attachment that made it much easier to windup a few years ago. Keep your eye out for that; I remember my wrist getting very tired with that camera.

Hello Will,

thanks!) I have another one camera, which does not works, maybe you can help me. Please visit this topic http://www.cinematography.com/index.php?showtopic=52365&st=0&p=353622&fromsearch=1entry353622

• Premium Member

Wish I had some insight for you, but on those cameras you're better off just buying another for $150 rather than trying to fix them. Spend the time you save working on a script or shooting!

of course if it needs a Clean Lubricate and adjust, another used camera is likly to have the same problem.

of course if it needs a Clean Lubricate and adjust, another used camera is likly to have the same problem.

Agreed!

16mm cameras might be cheap, but they are still not "disposable cameras;" those come in cardboard boxes at grocery stores ;-)

• Premium Member

Agreed!

16mm cameras might be cheap, but they are still not "disposable cameras;" those come in cardboard boxes at grocery stores ;-)

exactly, I know I am wondering who can do a CLA on my B&W 240, lovly steady camera but it is running SLOW.