Mac OSX Lion

Marcus Joseph

Yeah I switched the reverse scrolling around in the system preferences mouse menu, took off natural scrolling, it only feels natural if you're always on the trackpad.

Loving some of the other trackpad features though.

Yeah I switched the reverse scrolling around in the system preferences mouse menu, took off natural scrolling, it only feels natural if you're always on the trackpad.

Loving some of the other trackpad features though.

Have you found that the battery life on your MBP has dropped CONSIDERABLY. I'd say at least 50%. I used to get 8-10 hours, I barely get 6 hours now, nearer to 5 actually.

Have you found that the battery life on your MBP has dropped CONSIDERABLY. I'd say at least 50%. I used to get 8-10 hours, I barely get 6 hours now, nearer to 5 actually.

Nah I use an iMac, but I'm thinking of getting a macbook later on, maybe I'll wait til they sort out that power issue and the price goes down. It sounds understandable though, it seems that Lion uses more power. It could also be that Lion is native 64 bit, the old OS was likely booting into 32.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting about the power use increasing...I'm glad I read that before I purchased it for my MBP.

How useful/restrictive is Lion on an editing station? I use an iMac with FCP.

FCP X? It seems better in my opinion cause it automatically loads into 64 bit, I don't even think there is a 32 bit Lion. But I'm really enjoying FCP X cause I can render out timelapses in 4K and it seems pretty fluid to me. A lot of people have whined about it but I don't mind it.

I don't think there'd be much difference with 7 cause it's only 32 bit.