Red mysterium x

sandeep sony

my name is vijay

Four days back i was shooting with red myst X,i faced a problem with focus (ultra prime lens).i used wide 14,i wasn't able to get focus then i thought problem with lens but not,what ever range lens ,i had same problem.we could n't identify problem

then i started taking measurement,For example tape measurement is 5 feet,if i need to get focus on 5 feet object,i needed to put at 7 feet 4 inch like the same problem continues with all lenses depend up on ranges,next after 30 ft every thing is soft.

so, we got new one to shoot......

Please make me clarify what could be the problem?

Edited by VIJAY

• Premium Member

Camera & possibly lens needs to be collimated. A good rental house will have the equipment to do this before every rental.

my name is vijay

Four days back i was shooting with red myst X,i faced a problem with focus (ultra prime lens).i used wide 14,i wasn't able to get focus then i thought problem with lens but not,what ever range lens ,i had same problem.we could n't identify problem

then i started taking measurement,For example tape measurement is 5 feet,if i need to get focus on 5 feet object,i needed to put at 7 feet 4 inch like the same problem continues with all lenses depend up on ranges,next after 30 ft every thing is soft.

so, we got new one to shoot......

Please make me clarify what could be the problem?

• Premium Member

You have a back-focus problem which is always going to be more visible in wide-angle lenses. Question is whether it is the lens or the camera mount. Considering that the back-focus is adjustable on the Red One, odds are higher that it is the camera -- on the other hand, it's a pretty easy thing to correct. If you correct the back focus for your widest-angle lenses, odds are high that it will be fine for all the longer lenses where it is less critical.

Now of course there is a smaller chance that the problem is with the lens, which is why you should have a lens tech at a rental house check its collimation for you.