Goodbye Summer

Mark Sperry

They charge about 35 dollars per roll, and then they charge you 20 bucks when you send a hard drive for render time. So if you send in 3, like I did, it was $150. Which is a good deal since it's such a high quality transfer.

Better than a 1080P scan? Idk, I kind of think so. it's not "sharper" but it's easier to crop and adjust exposure. I still use Pro8mm for my wedding work because they're so easy and fast, but I'll be using Frame Discreet again in the future for sure. Especially since filmmaker8 can't do negative films.

They charge about 35 dollars per roll, and then they charge you 20 bucks when you send a hard drive for render time. So if you send in 3, like I did, it was $150. Which is a good deal since it's such a high quality transfer.

wow, 35 dollars is a pretty sweet deal for 2k... when I was researching telecine prices last time I could never find a price quote on companies websites, so i just assumed 2k/4k scans were horribly expensive

i may go for a 2k scan next time now

• 2 months later...

Cool, if I can help ya out... let me know.

We love collaborating with cinematographers to help you get the most out of your super 8... so don't hesitate to contact us.

www.framediscreet.com

Thanks for the kind words.. taken us a lot of R&D to get the quality where I want it to be with our Belladonna 2k Raw data Scanner.