"SHE" video

Austin Millinder

I was on a shoot in Tennessee and we had an off day so decided to shoot this because we were board. We used absolutely no lighting, except the house lights in the room(s), the Canon 60d (24-105 L f/4 w/ anti-haze UV) and a $12 DIY shoulder rig. What do you think? link to watch is: http://vimeo.com/29515642_

Thanks,

Austin Millinder

Cinematographer and photographer

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Austin

Here are something you might want to consider

Using no lighting is bad, what cinematography basically about is the whole scene design, which mainly aims to the image of the picture to deliver a better look.

No idea why you considered to use no lighting, you can always used something thats in your reach even in a low budget short feature.

That 12 bucks DIY shoulder rig definitely felt like hand held... the footage looks shaky, but if that was the decision of the director then its fine, only in this case i dont think it help that much to the story

Story-wise talking, no idea what this short is getting at...

Martin,

this wasnt the shoot i was on, it was only and off day and we decided to just make something for fun; the actual feature had lights, actual rigs, etc.

we didnt use lighting because i didnt have any with me but if i did i definitely would have. what parts looked shaky to you? the part when she's putting the drugs and such away? that was a choice but the entire thing wasn't meant to be TOO shaky. was it distracting?

thanks for the feedback,

Austin Millinder

Hey Austin

Using no lighting is bad, what cinematography basically about is the whole scene design, which mainly aims to the image of the picture to deliver a better look.

No idea why you considered to use no lighting, you can always used something thats in your reach even in a low budget short feature.

That 12 bucks DIY shoulder rig definitely felt like hand held... the footage looks shaky, but if that was the decision of the director then its fine, only in this case i dont think it help that much to the story

oh also something i forgot to mention, the rig was only used outside of the bathroom. we didnt have enough room in th bathroom so we didnt end up using it. wish i had a follow focus too. money money money haha

Austin Millinder

Hey Austin