Lens set

Im thinking of purchasing a manual focus lens set for use on various mounts in the future. I'm torn between Canon FD and Nikon manual focus lenses. I currently use a 7D so image quality wise Nikon primes would be a better option (no optical adapter), however they are a lot more expensive than FD and excluding the optical adapter FD are near Nikon quality. So it got me thinking, since the flange distances of most digital camera systems (excluding PL) will be less than Nikon F and Canon FD, shouldn't I think of the future and buy FD lenses? However since everyone goes on about Nikon lenses for RED etc am I missing something?

nikon is old school top dog of the major brands by consumer decision of the masses. canon fds are going up in price as we speak. i think... and this and 5 bucks will get you coffee anywhere, youll find more available variety in the nikons. canon made a pile of fds. but i can never find the one i want when i need it, for a relevant price. i think i saw a mention of pentax. good stuff as well. remember the masses dont always flock to the best stuff. really good glass is a game maker for your projects. you will undoubtably need more than one adapter.

You should also consider Pentax manual stills lenses, particularly the K series. No need for an optical adapter, and probably cheaper than Nikon glass.

Thanks stuart, I've done some research and the Pentax m42 lens are about the same price as the FDs, should i buy one M42 to EOS adapter? I am think of getting a pentax 35mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4 and Adaptall24mm 2.5