Jump to content

shot terminology: a "special"?

Joel Corkin

Recommended Posts

In watching some behind the scenes video of David Fincher's various films, I noticed him calling for a "special" of a given actor, seeming to indicate a specific type of framing. Does anybody know what the term "special" means in this context? Can anyone call out a good book or resource covering this and other such intricate terms (beyond just wide, medium, two shot, etc.)? Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...