hi-quality video of DCVX-100A w/ Ana Lens Adapter?

Guest Joshua Nitschke

Guest JoshuaNitschke

Hey, I am currently shopping for a Mini-DV camera; currently it's either the Canon XL2 or the Panasonic AG-DVX100A with the anamorphic lense adapter for higher quality 16:9.

I've seen very hi-quality samples of the Xl2 in action. By hi-quality I mean very little compression at the filmed resolution; it was about 80mb for 25 seconds of footage.

I've been searching for a video like this showing of the DVX100A's quality, but to no avail. Am I just not looking in the right spots?

If someone with the DVX100A camera and the lens would be so kind enough to film this some footage and create a hi-rez video file for me, I can provide an FTP address that you could upload it to so it won't cost you bandwidth.

Thanks. :)

• Premium Member

Hi,

Thing is, if you're looking at DV output, then you might as well send it DVSD compressed - it won't make any difference.

There is a commercially-available mod for the DVX that records the output of the first-stage ADCs to a hard disk, uncompressed, which might explain the very large files you're seeing.

Phil

Guest JoshuaNitschke

Hmm, I don't think I was clear.

I meant, I'd appreciate it if somebody took someone made a hi-rez video with the DVX-100A eqipped with the anamorphic adapter and uploaded it to my site.

Something along the quality of this:

Xl2 Footage (right click save as)

(link taken from here)

Sorry for not being more clear. :(

Edited by JoshuaNitschke

You can find what you looking for at the DVXUSER.com site, there is a test comparison side by side between the two cameras. If you shoot with the anamorphic lense, you will have the best resolution with the DVX100A, but you will loose the ease off by the use of it. You can find all the response to your answer for the DVX.