How do I "crop and stitch" my UltraPan8 footage w/ Vegas 10?

Nicholas Kovats

Hello People of the Forum.

This question is in regards to some newly scanned scene by scene color corrected UltraPan8 footage.

Scanned deliverable# 1:

The custom sprocketless 16mm transfer bay used preserved the 1 to 1 relationship between 24fps film frames and overscanned 2080x870 pixel x 24 (bit depth) sequential jpegs, e.g.

Here is an example of a completed UltraPan8 "sketch" cropped and edited in Sony Vegas 10c. Stock is Ektachrome 100D color reversal. This particular service only provides scripted "batch" color correction (one light), i.e.

Scanned deliverable# 2:

Also a custom 16mm transfer bay but sprocket based. This setup does not preserve the 1 to 1 relationship and instead outputs 2x stacked UltraPan8 frames per 16m frame. The relationship is now 2:1. Media playback is 12 fps as opposed to my original shooting speed of 24 fps. This service also provides excellent scene by scene color corrected files (AVI/MOV). I do not have an uploaded example of this file for your analysis at this time.

Can someone provide the exact steps in Sony Vegas 10C (Win7/64 bit) required to "crop and stitch" deliverable# 2? In other words restore the original 1:1 relationship with my original film 24fps shooting speed and final digital file output, e.g. MPEG4 24fps progressive.

Thanks for reading.

Nicholas