Rigging Kinos to wall, out of Kino fixture

It's a music video, and we're trying to get a colored kino tube design in the background of one of the setups.

My first question is: How far apart can you spread the 4 tubes from a typical 4ft 4-bank Kino when they're out of the fixture? I know they take the same feeder cable from the ballast, which then breaks out to each bulb, I just don't remember how "far" it actually breaks out. I'm assuming it won't be wide enough and we'll need a single bank unit for each tube. Any advice?

Also, the director wants some tubes blue, and some blue-green. I'm thinking about renting the blue-screen Kino tubes and using some as-is, and adding some full or 1/2 plus green to the others. Is there an easier option? Do most rental houses (in LA) even carry those blue tubes?

With the kino ballast on low-output, will the blue tubes still be too bright in the frame for a typical setup? I'd really rather stay away from ND-ing/gelling the tubes other than the plus green.

Thanks!

Use home depot 4' single T12 fixtures. They'll be the same as Kino ballast/fixtures on Low Power, and you can screw them paint them and destroy them as needed..and because you're using single fixtures, the ballasts are contained and you can mount them wherever you want. Use zipcord and add-a-taps for a clean wiring scheme between them.

Rent kino tubes - insert. Or just use cheap industrial tubes and wrap the color gel on them - gives you a LOT more choice in color, even by selecting the base tube color - warm white (3200k) or daylight (7000k), or everyone's favor cool white (4000-4300k).

And if you're looking to add +grn just get the cheapest bulbs home depot sells - daylight low CRI industrial tubes, nasty green all day!