Is there a definitive list of super 16 lenses

rob spence

Hi

I'm currently getting a Les Bosher converted super 16 kit together. This may be an old topic, but does a definitive list of zooms and primes that totally cover super 16 exist. There are stacks of lenses on ebay, but what covers what is a mystery. Thanks.

Guest Ian Marks

What kind of camera is Les converting for you? Please share your experiences with the forum when you get it back...

As for a definitive list of lenses that cover Super-16, that's a great idea. There are a lot of funky lenses floating around that may work, and it would be great to have a resource to turn to. I have an ACL that I hope to have converted someday, and when I do I plan to go through my box of accumulated C-mount lenses to test each for coverage.

These guys have the best list I've seen so far of S16 lenses

http://www.cinematechnic.com/resources/opt...r_super-16.html

Abel Cine has one too

http://www.abelcine.com/Products/frames/Le...16lenslist.html

However they don't really mention all those old funky lenses

If you see a lens you don't know about you'll have to ask...

But I find these list to be the best help

What camera do you have anyways? What mount is it on?

Good Luck

Thanks Chaps, for the speedy response.

Those lists are pretty comprehensive.

Les is converting an acl and npr for me, I am trying to get a feature made ( low budget of course ) and figured that in the end it's the lens and film that count as far as quality goes, the camera as long as it's reliable is less so. So I'm going for old Eclairs. The npr is built like a house, nice and strong, the acl will be used for hand held (it's really tiny) and car mounted work.

As far as the lens lists go it seems that , if you want quality images, you have to pay the money. I'm no great fan of renting ( lost money ) and so may buy and sell once the production is finished. I like the idea of using Nikons as longer primes, but on the shorter primes again it's back to more expensive glass.

I'm after 2x 400ft acl magazines if anyone hears of any.

Many thanks-Rob