lens education

albert camus

Guest Daniel J. Ashley-Smith
If you are eager to promote yourself, and don't have any footage yet to upload, you can show some of your still photography work you have mentioned. That  certainly wouldn't have any technical obstacles and whould show your potential

in best light regarding image quality

Here are a few snaps. Although bare in mind some of them have been edited digitally, i.e. contrast adjustments, light temperatures e.t.c.

Pictures

I have some great looking slides, I will try to scan them in when I can.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest leightonx1

Hello Albert,

I too am new to the field of cinematography. I am currently writing a disertation focusing on this area of film and digital video production. In my research i came across a fantastic book on lens;

Applied Photographic Optics: Lenses & Optical Systems for Photography, Film, Video & Electronic Imaging - ISBN: 0240514998 - by Sidney F. Ray.

It is quite an expensive book, but well worth the cost, there is one 'used' available right now on Amazon for $79.50 for the second edition, this is a fair price for a book that will cost you over $100 new, and the new third edition is retailing a $150 plus used. At the very least try and get hold of it from you local library if they have it, it seriously is one of the best book on lens I have found. Please find below the link for the page on Amazon;

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=glance&s=books

Hope this helps you, good luck with whatever you do.

Kind Regards

Leighton