Interest in electronic music video making

dino rama

Hello there people!

Pretty much, the only music i listen to is: "Trance Music".

As I had been listening to Trance Music since a long time, I have a developed a great interest in creating videos for some of my favorite Trance Music Albums or tracks. Well, simply to say. I create videos in my head. I visualize them, i visualize them and visualize them

I would say, if the video implemented in reality, would look really good IMO.

I also created a video for movie Matrix- Zombie song. This one looked pretty scary and cool actually.

Well, ofcourse.. the videos I create/visualize can be only implemented with the camera and Digital special effects.

Well, right now I am attending college, taking Electronics Engineering Technologist program, which is not at all related to film or anything with film.

I AM REALLY REALLY COMING TO LOVE THIS video making thing.

Can somebody please direct me, where I should be going?? Like i could go to a film school and get into Music Videos..etc.. guess.. But, I wanna hear from the experts here..

thanks

dino.

Guest Nathan Hernandez

Hey mate Im only a student and new to cinematography, but if you like Eletronic music, id suggest you buy the the dvd about the talented director

Chris Cunningham.

Chris Cunninghams music videos, which are all in that genre of music, have many well known dance/trance etc artists . He did the world known Aphex Twin Videos, and many more great videos like Bjork, portishead, squarepusher,artechure and madonna while still having that futuristic and electronic influence. Highly recommended if u havent seen them already

Hey mate Im only a student and new to cinematography, but if you like Eletronic music, id suggest you buy the the dvd about the talented director

Chris Cunningham.

Excellent advice. I've seen that DVD. Chris Cunningham is exceptionally talented. You can also check out his reel on RSA's web site:

http://www.rsafilms.com

Guest Kai.w
Excellent advice. I've seen that DVD. Chris Cunningham is exceptionally talented. You can also check out his reel on RSA's web site:

http://www.rsafilms.com

Anybody knows what he is up to at the moment...? I heard he was supposed to direct a neuromancer movie, which never happened.

Rumours is he is reading lots of tutorials and manuals (3D ?) ;-)

-k

Guest Nathan Hernandez

Lat time i heard of Chris Cunningham was he just completed an abstract film called rubber Johnny with Aphex Twin for Music, and he signed to Warp Films. its showing at a film festival, dont know the name though. But the bad enws is he said he isnt interested in making movies yet, hopefully he changes his mind, something between blade runner and a violent Japanese Anime

I was just speculating today about who else on here is into electronic music. Count me in! :) As a DJ, sound designer, and musician, I have always tried to make interesting connections between sound and picture. I find that for me, one interest tends to feed off the other.