Time-lapse background vs real-time foreground object

Guest bambare Qoro

Guest bambare Qoro

i want to do something like in this video, but i don't know how i must set up the camera,

i must have

Rec Format 576/50i

Rec mode DV

System Freq 50Hz

background must be like that

need Time-lapse background and a guy who will talk on normal motion, ill do shots 2 times first w/o guy with the settings to blur and fast rec and the 2nd one with normal setting mode with the guy but i don't know how to set up the camera for the first shot fast motion and blur. i must shot it at night in the city

if anyone knows what setting i need to change like how much fps for the background + shutter for blur, i have hpx 500 and sorry for my bad English : )

The video shot at night is done at slow shutter speed, maybe 1/4 second or something like that, much longer than the usual 1/50s used for video. It's probably done with a still camera and converted into a video just by playing the still frames quickly after each other.

The other video is a combination of two shots with the exact same camera angle and position, one sped up and the other of the guy walking normally. The person who made it will have masked around the walking man in every frame and overlaid that onto the fast moving background, probably in After Effects or similar software.

This composite image can be very convincing because the high speed and normal speed videos were shot in the exact same place and at nearly the same time so the lighting etc. will match very well.

You'd need to do the same. I'd suggest use a DSLR because it can shoot stills and video and can have very good high ISO performance. Set the camera on a tripod and don't move it. First shoot the moving person in video. You'll probably need a high ISO for this, and maybe some extra lighting. Then do the time lapse sequence.

Then lots of masking!

Guest bambare Qoro

thanks for response, but my camera's minimal shatter speed is 1/60 which is to dark for night shoot ...

i have AG-HPX 500 and need to know how to set up all the settings for the same "time-lapse and blur" as in this video

If the slowest shutter on your camera is 1/60 then it can't do that sort of night blur.

The streaks of light are from objects in the scene moving while the shutter is open. 1/60 isn;t long enough for the objects to move that far.

Guest bambare Qoro

If the slowest shutter on your camera is 1/60 then it can't do that sort of night blur.

The streaks of light are from objects in the scene moving while the shutter is open. 1/60 isn;t long enough for the objects to move that far.

oh theres 1/12 and 1/25 then 1/60 1/100/ 1/200