Film/silver recycling

Hi Folks,

I know there are a few places in Los Angeles that are set up to recycle film for the silver, but I have no idea who they are and where I can find them. I've got a ton of bum stock that I'd rather not just toss in the garbage, and I've always heard ACs talk about making a good penny from recycling, so I figured someone here would know where to point me.

Thanks!

Mike T

Hi Folks,

I know there are a few places in Los Angeles that are set up to recycle film for the silver, but I have no idea who they are and where I can find them. I've got a ton of bum stock that I'd rather not just toss in the garbage, and I've always heard ACs talk about making a good penny from recycling, so I figured someone here would know where to point me.

Thanks!

Mike T

What is burn stock. If it unused, give it to a rental house for scratch test. You don't make much recycling film if any.

• Premium Member

Usable ends can have a market. dead/fogged/outdated film less so. if you have a LOT of unprocessed film, it might be worth something to a sliver refiner. Look for "x-ray Recycling" or similar in your local business directory.

Kodak runs a division that recycles all film, but as I understand it they trade a promise that the contents will never be seen again for whatever value they can get out of the materials. They mostly get processed colour film so they seldom can extract any Silver. They say that they convert some of the film to leader after removing or Dyeing the emuslion, and burn the rest as waste to heat..