specific film stock storing problem

Daniel Miler

I know there are some threads on storing specifications for film stock, but I have a very specific question which I'd like to get some opinions about.

I have a few rolls of 16 and 35mm raw stock, which I know its best to keep refrigerated (were talking about up to a year of storage before shooting and developing).

The problem is that my refrigerator is not completely dry, it has a (very little bit) of moisture building on the shelves and walls.

My question is: is it better to keep my rolls inside the fridge protected by two layers of zip lock bags, or in my room at room teperature? (I live in Israel, so its not very cold, even in winter, and gets quite humid at times)

Thanks

In my experience i've kept packaged film stock in fridge for years without problems. Zip locks should mostly protect your film, the heat will probably be worse damage as your stocks will be baking within the cans.

I only leave unused stocks out of the fridge a couple of days at the longest.

You should be fine with ziplocks bags,

Is there no way to prevent this moisture from building up inside the fridge?

It is brand new, so no way it's a leak problem...

I just put my films in there... with two ziplock bags on top of each other, double protection, and it still gives me the creeps to put the stock in that ungodly place... :wacko: