Filter thread sizes for 16mm lenses

I have three lenses on my newly acquired Arri 16ST. I would like to put some Cokin P filters (ND's and 80/85s) in front but cannot find the barrel diameters or filter thread sizes anywhere on the internet...

Can anyone point me in the right direction or does anyone know the filter sizes for the following lenses:

Angenieux 12-120mm T2.2

Angenieux 17.7-70mm T2.2

The third is a Schneider 23mm but I dont think it actually has a filter thread. The Arri Mattebox will do for that lens unless anyone has a cunning way to mount the filter?

Regards

Simon

Hey Simon,

I'm guessing that 12-120 is a f2.2/T2.5 , something like that? Red vs white markings on the aperture ring?

Using the series 9 holder with a round rubber sunshade was the common way with that lens. If you use a Cokin P system what shade options do you have?

3x3 filters are cheap now on eBay. They are ok with that zoom. Series 9 I think are fairly cheap now also.

Back in the day (cue misty eyed memory) I found heaps of good cheap 72mm screw ons. At 12mm stopped down I was just starting to vignette in the corners. I used my series 9 holder as a base for a home made round sunshade, but most of the time I used a light weight 3x3 matbox. I commonly used the 72mm rounds in the box in front of Scneider primes.

If you go series 9 let me know, I may have that kit for sale.

viz(at)xtra.co.nz

Hi guys..

Jean-Louis... Exactly, 25mm that was a silly typo!

I am planning to use a rail system and swing-away mattebox with the Cokins. So then I can attach any length of lens.

I could measure the lenses I suppose. The problem I was contemplating was I didn't want to go into a camera shop and "try" the stepdown rings and then have to leave as they are hideously expensive around here and I'd be ordering them off the net. So I was really just being lazy i suppose and i'm grateful for the people who took the time to answer..

Got to be honest I've had to Google the Series 9 system as I'd never come across it before. Interesting...

Regards

SK