crazy me starts a no budget feature: "Engelsbrot"

"benedict, a priest in his forties, believes he can talk to god. after a seizure-like trance he is hospitalized, put on medication for weeks and finally 'healed'. he escapes, looks to find again his connection with god. on the way he helps a prostitute injured by a violent client. yet she dies from her wounds a day later, leaving him now hunted for murder - by the police and the girl's two brothers.

the story of a perverted insane priest makes headlines everywhere.

benedict roams for months in the countryside, living from nothing, desperately looking for his spiritual identity, not knowing that he is hunted and ridiculed in all media. finally the brothers find him."

that's the story in a nutshell. we shoot with a sony F3, a set of zeiss primes. have some arri fresnels and some LED banks. style wise i'd like to do some freestyle handheld, but not too much, not too nervous.

here is some footage of a test shoot, we tested both rig and crew. very rough cut and audio is terrible, 'cause not post produced. only sounds nice within my studio. sorry for that ...

https://vimeo.com/58289276

whole thing is one of those crazy ideas i want to walk away from three times a day, yet keep coming back. motivation for this thread is to maybe hear from people who are as crazy as myself. i have hardly any film world connection ... so talking to others is already quite something.

thnx for reading, thnx for watching.

g

Edited by georg wachberg

Guest Christopher Sheneman

I like it. Very atmospheric and moving (great soundtrack). I felt something was going to happen here. Good performances too.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...