Article On Using Motion Picture Use For Photography

Paul Bartok

Finally finished writing my article after several months of research and tests.

I'm putting it out there, so if anybody in the future is interested they can learn everything they need from this article to get them going.

Article Includes:

- The film advantages and disadvantages.

- Development times.

- Procedures.

- Workarounds.

And much more information.

Thanks

https://republicphoto.squarespace.com/s/ECN-DEV4.pdf

These guys did mine out of Melbourne:

http://www.imagescience.com.au/pages/Contact-Details.html

They scan on a Flextight 949 and can deliver RAW 3F files, something which I would defiantly recommend instead of baking in the colors

The other thing is they scan for a flat profile, to avoid clipping. My Vision 3 stuff looked very flat almost LOG like before I edited them.

I would recommend looking for these traits at a scanning facility and find out what scanner there using. Im sure in the UK or US you will find some great places.

Next time I get any scanned I want to sit in on the session to make corrections at the scan. Looking into how to maximize my scan on the Flextights in the future.

• Site Sponsor

We get requests for processing 35mm ECN as stills all the time, Cinelab is allmost finished with installing the new Photomec 35mm processor and we will be supporting stills developing again very soon on the new processor we got from DuArt. The Photomec is a Bentley of film processing machines.

-Rob-

We get requests for processing 35mm ECN as stills all the time, Cinelab is allmost finished with installing the new Photomec 35mm processor and we will be supporting stills developing again very soon on the new processor we got from DuArt. The Photomec is a Bentley of film processing machines.

-Rob-

That's awesome Rob, Will be able to recommend a place for people in the US, once it's up and running.

-Rob-

That would be great Rob. It would be cool if your new scanner would do still frames as well. Any chance of that?

Yeah that would be awesome get everything done at once. I guess the biggest question is can the scanner do vistavision size film scans and say there's a minimum of 3 rolls or so then your looking at about 2 seconds worth of film and would need to be spliced. But could probably process more jobs

• Site Sponsor

As fast as we can possibly make it happen, we are still building out from our move and the Photomec is currently being threaded so hopefully it will start running in the next two to three weeks. The people from DCS in LA are getting closer to having the new transport head which will allow for Vista, 3-perf and 2-perf scans done, it will allow for pin registration or pinless. The 6.6K imager is available I think we just need to figure out the finance for that part as it is quite expensive.

-Rob-