Super 16 projector

kb1017

Are they now manufacturng super 16 projectors? I AM NOT GETTING A BLOW UP. Do yoyu have to get your projector converted, yikes! If they do exist and anyone knows where to find one in Austin, TX please let me know.

Thanks

• Premium Member

You could convert one, or maybe find an old one from back when we had work prints and moviolas. But remember you'll have to run double system sound. S-16 is used mostly for blowups and telecine. Projecting it was done in post production before the Avids took over, but not for anything else.

-- J.S.

You could convert one, or maybe find an old one from back when we had work prints and moviolas.  But remember you'll have to run double system sound.  S-16 is used mostly for blowups and telecine.  Projecting it was done in post production before the Avids took over, but not for anything else.

-- J.S.

An old Siemens or Sonorex interlock projector might be worth looking into conversion to S-16.

Well, a Kinoton 38 EC can project S16 (as well as std 16 & 35mm) but that is WAY into 5 figures cost....

I think there was a Cinemechanica ? Pervost ? Also that would. Not sure.

And a Sondor for screening rooms that can do S16. But Super 16 is simply not an exhibition format.

-Sam