Super 16 projectors

kb1017

Are they now manufacturng super 16 projectors? I AM NOT GETTING A BLOW UP. Do yoyu have to get your projector converted, yikes! If they do exist and anyone knows where to find one in Austin, TX please let me know.

Thanks

Are they now manufacturng super 16 projectors? I AM NOT GETTING A BLOW UP. Do yoyu have to get your projector converted, yikes! If they do exist and anyone knows where to find one in Austin, TX please let me know.

Thanks

I actually heard of one in existence on this forum,perhaps a search in the archives may help.Converting an old Siemens or Sonorex interlock projector might be worth looking into.

Didn't you post this in the General Discussion area?

Post in only one of the forums!

You should put your question out only once

(and put it in the right forum!)

This gets too confusing :angry: !

Didn't you post this in the General Discussion area?

Post in only one of the forums!

You should put your question out only once

(and put it in the right forum!)

This gets too confusing  :angry: !

my thirst for knowledge cannot be confined to one forum. neither of them were the wrong forums either. sorry to have caused you so much discomfort & confusion

• Premium Member

kb ... I'm living in Austin, Texas. You should shoot me an e-mail. I don't know if you ever bought your 16mm camera, but I own a camera and DAT for sync sound. I also own a few lights. Give me an e-mail and maybe we could work together, or if you needed some equipment I could loan it out if I get to come along for the ride.

joshhill@hot.rr.com

Later,

Josh

Are they now manufacturng super 16 projectors? I AM NOT GETTING A BLOW UP. Do yoyu have to get your projector converted, yikes!

What are you planning to project if you are not getting a blow-up? It will only be silent footage unless you plan to run sound separately, as there is no space on super 16 for a soundtrack.

For this reason, dedicated super 16 projectors are rare. Some standard machines can be converted quite easily by filing out the gate: others not so, as there are other obstacles in the lightpath. That also assumes that the lens coverage will allow for the extra area. Could be straightforward, maybe not.