Horse running against green screen

First time in awhile posting. Sorry if I posted incorrectly.

I have a shot to make of a horse running towards camera against a green screen backing. The horse cannot be transported offsite, so I am forced to shoot in his stable. Wondering if there is a source for a treadmill that can handle a horse, and that can be readily "greened" for keying out. Is this the way to do it?

jfball

Once you've got the treadmill to handle a horse, you then need a horse who can handle a treadmill...

The one and only time I worked near greenscreened horses was in a huuuuge studio/warehouse (enough to allow for a gallop for the shot) with a wire flown camera (a homebrew kuper controlled cablecam). Turned out it was quiet enough not to bother them.

• Premium Member

I'd say first of all find a new horse that can be taken outside. Second what sort of shot is this in the project -- telephoto shot at a distance of a horse running towards camera or a wide-angle shot tracking ahead of the galloping horse? And does it have to be full-figure? And why are you doing this as an effect?

Since my last post the horse is no longer running, just taking a step or two towards camera. I have to match a background plate that resembles a grand hallway lined by classic marble colums, and covered on top. The apparent lens from this plate looks to be around 35 mm. And I need to hold the horse from head to toe after matching a tilt up from the floor. Best guess I am 10-15' from the horse on a Red Epic with 24-290 zoom. My plan is to hang a 20x digi green back out side facing north, and dropping another 20 x green on the ground. Cover the whole thing with a 20x silk to keep things ambient. Will light the horse in forground with a pair of bounced 6K Pars to match the lighitng coming in between the collumns of the back plate. Maybe add some negative fill over the horse, as the plate structure is covered by a roof.

I'm wondering if I'm missing anything?