constantine

• Premium Member
I'm guessing the opening shots were 5248, the people over the hole..

Which scenes was vision2 200 used for?

Green and bluescreen shooting. Otherwise the bulk of the movie was shot on 5218. The whole thing also went through a DI, both for color-correction and for conversion to anamorphic from Super-35.

In some ways, a D.I. sort of obliterates the subtle differences between stocks, especially in regards to color and contrast.

A DI? I wouldn't have guessed.

The only thing that bothered me was lack of strong blacks, but that isn't so unusual in where I go to see movies, a large screen and probably dirty lenses, so the light spills a bit.

But the sharpness was nice, looked sharper than Million dollar baby in the same theater, allthough there was visible grain, but fine grain. I was pleased with resolution, did they skip a step in printing perhapse?

I guess I'm one of those suckers for whom the DI is "good enough"

Edited by Filip Plesha

• Premium Member
But the sharpness was nice, looked sharper than Million dollar baby in the same theater, allthough there was visible grain, but fine grain. I was pleased with resolution, did they skip a step in printing perhapse?

Technically, if the DI is output directly to the duplicate negatives used for printing, you have "skipped" a step in printing. A 2K DI will lose the really fine detail, but hopefully in a few years, 4K or more will be the norm.