Video shot with Arri 2b

Gary Robinson

Hi guys,

I just wanted to share a video I shot with my Arri 2b which I will hopefully be releasing on DVD soon. You can stream some of it, and a montage at www.swimsuitsingles.com I shot all of the modeling footage on 35mm with my Arr 2b at about 30fps (besides the stills). The interviews were shot with my VX 2000 and DVX 100. I edited it, uncompressed on the VT3 and did some animaton with Lightwave.

Thanks,

Gary R.

www.sharpcut.com

Very nice Gary

loved the look

what a great job you had..Oops sorry i mean "did"! ;) Being British without much sun I love the Baywatch feel of the piece did you supplement the sun at all? What kind of stops did you get?

All that from an arri 2b?What glass was it wearing?

Very impressive would love to shoot something similar. English girls on Bognor beach might not get the same look!

Well done fella,

Charles

Great looking footage.

Tough to get in bright direct sunlight like that.

Did you use lots of reflectors, etc?

P.S. Do you think it would be too much to ask if I could come to the next one, and yell "dog pile on Matt" the whole time?

Just wondering...

MP

Thanks. I used my Arri 2B with an Angenioux 25-250 mm lens, and usually 50d Kodak ends although I used some Fuji shortends too. No reflectors but I did try to shoot very late in the day for better light when it wasn't overcast. It was extremely low budget so it was just me and my backbreaking Arri with a bunch of preloaded mags. When my camera was in the shop, I used my DVX 100 24p camera and was pretty unhappy with the results, although it wasn't a fair comparison because it was complete overcast that day. I've really only been happy with the DVX100 in some lowlight indoor shoots. All of the stills in the video were developed at Savon in the Kodak CD jpeg format, and I was able to pan them in realtime on the VT3 with no rendering which was cool, because there were hundreds of them.

Thanks.  I used my Arri 2B with an Angenioux 25-250 mm lens, and usually 50d Kodak ends although I used some Fuji shortends too.  No reflectors but I did try to shoot very late in the day for better light when it wasn't overcast.  It was extremely low budget so it was just me and my backbreaking Arri with a bunch of preloaded mags.  When my camera was in the shop, I used my DVX 100 24p camera and was pretty unhappy with the results, although it wasn't a fair comparison because it was complete overcast that day.  I've really only been happy with the DVX100 in some lowlight indoor shoots.  All of the stills in the video were developed at Savon in the Kodak CD jpeg format, and I was able to pan them in realtime on the VT3 with no rendering which was cool, because there were hundreds of them.

Which Angenieux 25-250mm zoom lens did you use? There are a few I know of, but I'd like to know which one you specifically had. What is the base T-stop on the lens?