Resource for Fischer connectors?

jon bastian

I'm brand new here so go easy on me and let me know if general discussion isn't appropriate for this topic. I'm looking for a 4-pin fischer (female) connector to build a cable for my Denz heated eyecup attached to an Arri sr2 12v super 16 camera. Does anyone have a resource for fischer connectors? I have plenty of 11-pin connectors to build the other end out of but 4-pin(especially female) appear to be quite rare. Denz won't reply. My local rental house gave me a blank stare. Fischer won't deal with anyone that's not buying in large quantities etc. Thanks for reading and thanks for having me on your message board. This is a wonderful resource, i am already grateful.

jon

• Premium Member

You don't mention where you are, but different countries have different suppliers. I can get any quantity of any Fischer connector (including 4 pin) through Soanar here in Australia. The Fischer website has a list of suppliers worldwide:

http://www.fischerconnectors.com/htm/Contact-us-Maps.asp

4 pin Fischers are used in other Denz products, Canatrans transmitters, Arri IVS sockets and probably more, so not that rare in the film industry. I've got a bunch in my spares inventory. Without knowing the pin-outs from Denz you might have trouble wiring the eyecup plug though. If Denz don't reply you could try contacting some after-market sellers like Gecko-Cam or Pure 4C in Germany, who would also be capable of making you a cable.

Thanks Dom, Alan and Phil

I'm in San Fran, CA. I'll keep working on Denz. The reason i want to build my own is to save money. That's why i'm just looking for the plug. However, blowing up my camera is not saving money so i might just try and go with gecko or denz directly and "suck it up" and buy the $$$ proper cable. I'll see if i can take the unit apart and learn the pin out. In the meantime if anyone has a 4 pin female fischer plug they'd like to help me out with, i'd be VERY appreciative.

thanks

jon