New film clip super 8mm

Mattias Norberg

the transfer method is a home made you can see photos here http://www.flickr.com/photos/94271811@N03/
i run the film two times thru the projector one for low exposure and one for high exposure
then i use avisynth script to vertical stabilize sprocket hole on the low exposure and then align high exposure to it
then i feed the low and high exposure separately as Clip_A and Clip_B because now they are align in to the hdr function in avisynth and they come out as merge singel clip then i use autolevels function and last i use imagewriter in the avisynth script then it output it as image sequence

all that i do in one pass in avisynth but it goes very very slow about 0.52 fps it take some time this film clip was 14985 frames so it did take about 8 hours

next i do the denoise with avisynth and the speed is the same so it take 8 hours to

Edited by Mattias Norberg

the movie was from ebay
i have 2 more reel´s left to convert this was reel number 2

Reel1: Hawaii 1970's. Asian american couple visiting the Isle. Sometimes features landscapes like in Lost, sometimes city skyscrapers, beaches, asian style gardens, and then a crusade in the port with militar ships moored, and many other sights from that decade.
Reel2: South East Asia (Thailand, Taiwan, Singapore), 1970's. Magic trip throungh Buddist temples, river crusade like in Hollywood movies we watched many times, rising cities (very different from now) and incredible nature.
Reel3: USA 1960's. This is an incredible document about the typical American family having trips to places like Universal studios theme park, Niagara Falls, National parks (featuring the amazing meeting with a Bear walking in the street close to the car). You will see strange looks like in Mad Men, typical cars and lot of things of the American history.

here is some photos of the reel´s he did link on ebay when i did buy it
http://s1082.photobucket.com/user/danielecarrer/library/Lot%20of%20Super%208%20reels%207?sort=3&page=1

• Upvote 1