New quality short film shot on TRV950e

sideyman

AEON - A Richard Sidey Film (2004)

186_04_sidey_main.jpg

'AEON' - Watch it here!

The primary objective was to offer new perspectives of time that we experience everyday. Secondary objectives included creating a multi-narrative experimental documentary, revealing elements of design through time manipulation and deriving a personal touch by involving locations around Wellington, New Zealand that I have come to know over the course of this degree.

The eastern perspective is involved to create a cyclical structure, and to create a solid structure to which the film can be composed. The film contains over 50 hours of recorded footage compressed into 12 minutes.

Extra notes: Shot on Sony TRV 950E with no budget except parking tickets. This took 4 months to make.

The Sony camera stood up to harsh weather and all types of lighting and time lapse techniques - involving interval record, locked exp's and more....

Lets here your thoughts,

Cheers, Rich.

'AEON' - Watch it here!

• Premium Member

I couldn?t take my eyes off it. Very, very cool. Beautiful compositions. Beautiful? everything. This film is pure eyecandy. Really. It?s rare I even sit through something posted on this website that?s this long (short attention span), but I couldn?t take my eyes off it.

• 1 year later...

stumbled upon your movie on this site : http://www.spiritofbaraka.com/aeon.aspx

very impressive, can't wait to see more stuff from you. Is it available somewhere in a higher resolution? Those excellent pictures deserver better encoding IMHO.

You could consider something like this: http://www.legaltorrents.com/index.htm to distribute the movie without high bandwidth costs.