Arriflex Cine Xenon 50mm f2 lens

Tim Carroll

• Premium Member

Now that I'm no longer running the www.Arri16S.com website and not really shooting motion pictures, I am cleaning out the last of my motion picture glass. To that end I'm offering this mechanically and optically excellent Arriflex Schneider Cine Xenon 50mm f2 motion picture camera lens.

I’ve used this lens over the years with 16mm, Super 16, and 35mm motion picture cameras, as well as digital video. It produces beautiful images.

Cosmetically this might not be my first choice for a lens to set on the shelf and look at, but if you plan on actually shooting motion pictures with this lens, you’d be hard pressed to find one that was optically or mechanically superior.

One thing to note for "full disclosure", the lens has two tiny nicks in the front element. I had to angle the light just right in Pic 2 so they would show up, they are not easy to see with the naked eye. (Look in the dark area of the lens in Pic 2 and you can see them) They've been there the eight years I have owned this lens and have not shown up on any of the footage I have shot with the lens, including 16mm, Super 16, 35mm and digital video. But they are there, and if that would make you uncomfortable, then please don't bid on this lens.

Again, this lens covers 16mm, Super 16, 35mm, and most full frame digital formats.

You can view the auction at this link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181382242558?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Schn50mm1.jpg

Schn50mm2.jpg

Schn50mm3.jpg

Schn50mm4.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Best,

-Tim