Arri IIC Motor Pin

John Jaquish

I'm not sure exactly how to refer to this part, but it's the pin onto which the geared bearing attaches for the motor on the bottom of the camera.

Mine's bent and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on getting a replacement. I contacted Visual Products; they said they have ten IIC parts bodies, but this part's been removed on all of them!

I did try straightening it, but I can't get a tiny kink out of it, which seems to be preventing the bearing from being inserted. Thanks!

post-49645-0-58708900-1398176224_thumb.jpg

• Premium Member

If you can't find a replacement part, which is an unfortunate likelihood, I would take it to a good machinist and ask them to either straighten the pin or fit a new one. The original part is machined from a single piece of mild steel, so re-working it is easy enough. There is a hub on the underside of the pin which can be used to hold and centre the part in a lathe. The pin should be one or two hundredths of a mm under 4mm in diameter.

The shaft holds a gear that meshes with the motor gear on one side and the camera drive gear on the other, so a slight bend can create binding or excessive friction between them.

Alternatively, you can run the camera off a flat-base which doesn't require that gear.

Hey John,

I have one available in good shape. Not sure if the locating pins will match with the pilot holes in the body as these parts are often co-drilled at the factory.

Anyway, if you want it, it's $20 plus postage.

Jean-Louis

Jean-Louis, I'd definitely be interested. I tried sending you a PM, but it was rejected. If you could send me one with your e-mail, we can get this settled. Thanks!