Kodak 7250 reversal

Guest jeremy edge

Guest jeremy edge

Hi I have a local guy who is trying to sell 5 400ft rolls of ektachrome 7250 for real cheap.Lets say ...less than $100. They said it was tested for fog and there was none.

Its probably not in the best condition since its an old film ,but I thought for that price it would be cool to experiment with.Espicially since I have been wanting to shoot some stuff with a "70s" look.

Think its worth it?

• Premium Member
Hi I have a local guy who is trying to sell 5 400ft rolls of ektachrome 7250 for real cheap.Lets say ...less than $100. They said it was tested for fog and there was none.

Its probably not in the best condition since its an old film ,but I thought for that price it would be cool to experiment with.Espicially since I have been wanting to shoot some stuff with a "70s" look.

Think its worth it?

Hi,

First find out if your local labs will process the film and how much it will cost!

Stephen Williams DP

Zurich

www.stephenw.com

It depends on how old it is and how well it's been stored. You have to be more specific in your description. If you don't know this information, then ask the guy who's selling it. If you decide not to take him up on it. Please PM me, as I am currently working on a project that is using all VNF and VNX and I could really use some more of the high-speed stuff.

Regards.

~Karl Borowski

• Premium Member

A high speed film like 7250 will show its age faster than a slower film, even if refrigerated. This is because natural radiation (e.g., "cosmic" rays) exposes the larger grains as time passes. With a reversal film, this effect shows up first in the D-max of the film, leading to reduced contrast and lower densities in the shadow areas of the image. Shoot a test, and see if the film gives you the "look" you want. Be careful if all the rolls were not stored together, as then the "keeping" could be different enough to require testing of each roll.

Kodak continues to offer packaged chemistry for those labs still running the VNF-1 process:

http://www.kodak.com/US/plugins/acrobat/en...PCN101404_Q.pdf