Camera Insurance Providers in the US

Hello! My insurance is up for renewal and I'm wondering if there might be a better company out there than the one I've been working with. I'm currently with Tom C Pickard & Sons and pay around 2500/yr for $50K in owned equipment coverage with $1000 deductible and no rental insurance. I've researched others looking for a better deal but haven't been able to find anyone who could beat these numbers

What companies do you all insure your gear with?

Thanks for your responses!

• Premium Member

I've owned my camera equipment rental company, Latitude 33 Motion Picture Services, LLC, for about 25 years now. In that time it has substantially grown with the amount of gear we own. I don't know what I pay for insurance annually, but I believe that it's important to pay for worldwide replacement cost. It's more expensive but if you lost everything at once you would most likely be out of the camera gear business. Without this feature, you will only receive the depreciation value of the affected gear. Thus it will cost you additionally to replace it after the insurance. Since I have gear spread out all over the place at any given time, this feature gives me additional peace of mind. Of course, the production insures the gear first and foremost before any of my company's insurance would kick in. They are required to provide a certificate of insurance made to L33 MPS prior to any gear being delivered. Hope this helps.

G

• Premium Member

I go through John Clark Insurance Brokers in Los Angeles. Only due to a very long term relationship with them. But there are others like Taylor & Taylor Insurance who specialize in our field. Any of them should offer the WRC feature. It's an option that should always be available as far as I know.

G