Bruckheimer; Tom Cruise Top Gun 2

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jerry-bruckheimer-says-top-gun-692449

Nearly 30 years affer the first one Maverick is back in the saddle again according this latest article which I HOPE is straight up reality after the many times it's been pitched (I know,, straight up in Hollywood??!!, but one can always hope and it would be a great project for today's audience). I'm not sure what Tom will be "flying" in this one BUT as "Goose" got capped in the first one and F-14 Tomcats were retired in 2006, I'm guessing it'll be the F-35 or VFAX. PROBABLY the F-35 though!! That would actually be way cool. Highway to the DANGER ZONE forever, baby!! B)

• Premium Member

These days I wouldn't put it past them to have Maverick fly a fictional futuristic stealth plane while wearing some sort of superhero outfit in an orgy of unconvincing CG, the lack of which was of course one reason the original worked on any level. It was, at least, real.

But seriously - xan it be anything other than terrible? I mean, one hopes not, but the first one didn't, on reflection, inspire confidence. "The hard deck for this hop is ten thousand feet," intones Skerritt's character, as Tomcats buzz the desert hardpan at seventy-five. Or as people manoeuvre for sidewinder shots at ranges where you could just about reach out and stab the opposing aircrew with a ka-bar. I remember this feeling a bit unsatisfactory at the age of 7, when I first saw it, let alone now.

Aviation nerd mode: And strictly speaking, any variant of F-18 is a better dogfighter than an F-35. And prettier, too.

P

:lol: :lol: :lol: , LMAO, Phil, sometimes you are positively inspirational. That was hilarious! I would only take issue on one point in the original instalment, Reality is definaltely subjective in this fillm but it was and is REALLY COOL to sit down, munch popcorn and live vicariously through this kick ass, adrenaline fuelled blockbuster! God Bless America ans Tom Cruise!! B)

Yeah, I hear ya, buddy! I feel the same way. Now if I can only convince Cruise to let me direct. I think I've got a shot, maybe not his FIRST choice, maybe 3rd or 5th, 2016th, somewhere in there, but definitely a shot! :D

Edited by James Steven Beverly