sadiq colas

I'm hoping to do a music video for a music group and they want to do it with a white background. I'm confused on how much space i might need and what else I'm not realizing i'll need to do the video. (besides camera, the right lightning, tripod and hopefully a dolly). I have some examples. Can anyone give some advice on what they think is the right amount of space compared to the videos i've put up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3TwzXr_jFQ

You can put the music on mute, I just need advice for the visual. I know they did the music videos using film, so I want to get that out of the way. Thank you for taking out the time to respond.

If your looking for information on achieving the look you should move this over to the lighting part of the forum.

as for how much space well it depends on how wide your shots are in the first video at 6 seconds when they are huddled together if you want that then I think you are looking at a 20 -40ft wide white cyc.

the key to lighting for videos like this is to seperate your talent from the backround as much as possible so you can light the talent and backround seperatley.....but the farther the talent is from the backround the bigger the backround you need.

If your looking for information on achieving the look you should move this over to the lighting part of the forum.

as for how much space well it depends on how wide your shots are in the first video at 6 seconds when they are huddled together if you want that then I think you are looking at a 20 -40ft wide white cyc.

the key to lighting for videos like this is to seperate your talent from the backround as much as possible so you can light the talent and backround seperatley.....but the farther the talent is from the backround the bigger the backround you need.

I'm not too worried about lighting at this point. I'm more worried about space and maybe even type of lense. I assume a wide angle lens for most of the shots and a 18-55 would suffice for the normal shots? or would i need more of telephoto for the tighter shots?